Save money on your Ohio auto insurance while adding a teen driver!
The time has finally come for your teenager to get behind the wheel. This event can cause an interesting mix of excitement and fear for parents. This is a huge step towards adulthood, however, the fear that your teen could get into an auto accident is certainly something that weighs on the mind, and to a more definite extent, having to pay high rates for your teenager’s Ohio auto insurance is a cause for concern.
What it comes down to is Ohio auto insurance rates for teenage motorists is reflective of their high risk factor. Teens are far more likely to be involved in an auto accident than any other age group, therefore they are the ones who pick up the proverbial tab. With that said, there are a few options that could help you save on your teenager’s Ohio auto insurance, none of which involve locking them in the basement until they’re old enough to move out.
- A Modest-mobile: The newer an automobile and the higher the profile, the more it’s going to cost to insure it. If you and your teenager are out looking at cars and you want to get an idea of what the cost difference would be between two vehicles, then do not hesitate to contact your insurance agent. After all, that’s what they are there for.
- Location: If your teenager is in school that is located 100 miles or more away from your residence, they might be eligible for a distant student discount. Obviously the key to this is the automobile is located at your home and not with them while they are away at school.
- Student Discounts: If your son or daughter excels in school, then they could very well be eligible for a good student discount. You could save between 10-15% on Ohio auto insurance coverage costs if their grades are in the top 20% of their class, have a 3.0 GPA or have made the Honor Roll/Dean’s List.
- Short Leash: If you think your teen’s auto insurance rates are high now, wait until they get a speeding ticket or get into a fender bender. Teaching your teenager the importance of safe driving is priority number one. Whether it be drinking and driving, distracted driving or all around safe driving, ensure you spend the time necessary with your son or daughter so they know how important safe driving is.
- Tenure Reward: This money saving discount is specific to Preferred, as one of the companies we represent, Safeco, offers a fantastic money saving reward to loyal customers. Clients of Preferred Insurance Center who have been insured through Safeco for two years or more will get a discount when adding a teen driver to their policy. This discount basically allows a 16-to-17-year-old driver to be rated as an 18-year-old, which can greatly alleviate some of the Ohio auto insurance costs.
If you would like to learn more about how these Ohio auto insurance discounts work, then please do not hesitate to call us. Even if we aren’t your insurance agency, we would be more than happy to help answer any questions that you might have. It’s the least we can do to help alleviate some of the stress that comes with your teenager getting behind that wheel!
Get an Ohio Auto Insurance Quote from the people that are making a difference right now!