The Summer season is well upon us, and with it has already come numerous gruelingly hot days, and things will likely only get worse as we get deeper into the season. while fun in the sun is, well, fun, we must remain aware that the sun poses a constant threat to the health of our skin if we aren’t taking the right measures to keep it fully protected. As a way to help keep your skin safe from the scorching touch of the sun, I have complied a list of 6 easy to follow sunburn prevention tips to keep you and your family’s skin safe throughout the Summer months!
- Avoid Peak Tanning Hours (PTH), which is the time of the day when the sun’s UV rays are by far the strongest. These peak tanning hours come between 10 am and 4 pm, so it is best to go out before or wait until afterwards to chillax in the sun.
- If you need to be outside during these times, try to spend it in the shade. Trust me when I say you’ll still get some color without being fully berated by skin damaging UV rays!
- Try wearing a hat with a wide enough brim to cover your neck, ears and face from the sun’s rays.
- Clearly sunscreen is one of the most important things on this list, so it is apparent that you use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15 or better to protect your skin.
- When applying your sunscreen, don’t forget to use a chap stick or lip balm with an SPF of 15 or higher to protect your lips.
- Putting on sunscreen and lip balm will be of a great help, but it is important to remember to reapply both every couple of hours, and even more so if you are out swimming or at the beach.
And there you have it, folks! 6 cool ways to keep your skin healthy and safe from the overpowering rays of the sun! Hopefully these sunburn tips help keep you from having to suffer from burnt, peeling skin for the rest of the Summer!