Changing your life isn’t easy, but knowing where to start can make all the difference.
I know this video is a little slow, and hard to hear, so I’ll try to summarize this with an outline below.
- The video starts with margarita glasses that each have a hole drilled into them. This represents your mind, your life, and you as a whole. As life goes on things drain out of us.
- If you don’t keep putting into the glass, it will be empty. If you don’t put back into your life you will be empty.
- If you keep putting the same color into your glass, the color of the water will never change. If you don’t change what goes into your mind and your life, you will never change. That is only OK if you are EXTREMELY happy with your life and who you are.
- You change yourself and your life by controlling what goes into your mind. What are the things going into your mind?
- What you tell yourself. No one believes they themselves are a liar so you believe what you tell yourself.
- What is said and done by the people around you.
- Choosing your friends is very important. You want to be around people who say and do things that promote the ideals and actions you want to become.
- You have a responsibility to say and do your best because you are influencing the people around you. This is especially true for the people you love and care about.
- What you read greatly influences you.
- The music you listen to, the TV you watch, etc. etc.
- If you are around someone in need, and your glass is empty, you have nothing to give. You can only give what you have. And the more you have the more you can give. You have a moral responsibility to fill yourself with good things so you can give to those around you, especially those you love.
- If you don’t control what is going into you, you become like your environment, gray, colorless.
- But you can begin to change at any time by deciding what you want to become and then filling yourself with people, thoughts, books etc. etc. etc. that support that ideal of what you want to become!