Just spend thousands of dollars on your wedding? Well don’t fret, there is some relief in sight. Here are a few ways that tying the knot can save you some money.
1. The word “ONE”. One property tax, one mortgage, one utility bill, one income tax return. Those alone can save you thousands of dollars just in the the first year!
2. As a married couple, you have to make a lot of decisions about combining resources, such as your insurance. Combining your home and auto insurance can save you a lot of money and make your life a whole lot simpler. One insurance bill to the same company is so much easier than numerous bills with a few different companies.
3. Tax breaks. There are five different filing statuses: single, married filing jointly, married filing separately, head of household, and qualifying widow(er) with dependent child.
4. Health insurance in the workplace. If both spouses have benefit packages from their jobs, they can pick the most valuable benefits from the two plans.
5. If you use a rewards credit card with a reward structure, having both spouses using the same account can boost your points value quickly!
Having one place where you and your significant other can keep up-to-date financial information that both of you have easy access to is very important. Download our easy-to-use financial organizer to keep records of what you have, what you owe, and what your budget is as a couple!