Why We Claim to be Preferred
Andrea AbouJaoude December 14, 2016
One situation that agents and insureds alike are never excited about is when we have to submit a claim. Usually that means that something “bad” has taken place and now the insurance policy is going to come into play (up until now it was just a written contract; this is where we deliver that promise!) It can sometimes be scary and maybe even a little upsetting. If you are going to use your insurance policy and deal with adjusters and appraisers (as you will have to do), you are not alone through this process! Let me take you through our claims process and show you why we receive 4.8 out of 5 stars on handling claims which is why we claim to be Preferred.
Our service team here at Preferred Insurance consists of myself, Kathy Riethman, and Kelly Heitkamp. We are your first contacts here and will usually be the ones you talk to regarding your claim. When one is reported to us, whomever it is reported to will be your main contact during the claim for a more personalized experience. If they aren’t available when you call, there are two others with the same knowledge who are always ready to assist you with questions and concerns regarding your claim. Now that the claim has been reported to us, it’s time to get to work.
After we have the details of the claim, we report it directly to your company using everything you’ve told us. We ask general questions up front to make sure the adjuster will have as much information available to them to speed up the process. Once an adjuster has been assigned, we send you an email containing your claim number, the adjuster’s name and contact information, and general notes about the claim (or we’ll call you with this info, if you prefer.) It also lists your Preferred agent so you know who to ask for if you call the office. This usually comes the same day as turning in the claim or within the first 24 hours. We are here to help you through this process! If at any time you have a question or a concern on your claim, or things just don’t seem to be going as as well as you think they should, please give us a call right away.
Now that you have your adjuster information, he/she will contact you to get your description of events and, if need be, an appraiser will come inspect the damages. No matter what, you will hear from us regularly during your claim. We have processes in place to follow up with you on a regular basis so we ensure you are satisfied with the way the claim is proceeding. If at ANY time you are not, we will do all that we can to make it right. You are not alone in this process!
This is just another mechanism in our daily operations that I have seen only at Preferred Insurance Center. We understand that claims are the least exciting thing about insurance. We do our best to make sure you are satisfied which really allows us to continue claiming to be Preferred!
Stay tuned on how to respond if you are ever involved in a claim situation.
To buy Ohio insurance online or from an insurance agency?
Is it easy to find Ohio insurance online? Absolutely. Is it easy to purchase insurance online? Most likely. With these two questions answered, why would you pick an Ohio insurance agency? We understand that insurance can be intimidating, sometimes maybe a little scary, and most of the time you probably don’t think much of your policy at all. That is of course until you need to use it. The 6 perks for picking an agency listed below are only a few of the things we have made standard at Preferred Insurance Center that all benefit you, our client.
- Every year we offer what we call an Account Review. We place a phone call when your homeowners or renters policy comes up for renewal and give you the option to answer a few questions, and go over your coverage’s on your policies. Some of the questions include asking about updates or renovations made to your home and going over your auto coverage’s to understand your policy. Filling out this form gets us the most up to date information to properly shop your account for the best rates if you so choose.
Donating $10 to local charity for every policy we quote!
- Flag alerts on large rate increases. These alerts take place when ANY policy takes a larger rate increase than expected. This allows us to get in front of the renewal process giving us more time to possibly find a better company/rate for the next term. Our calls for the account review and rate increases are placed before the renewal comes in the mail to allow us to be the ones to alert you instead of hearing through the mail.
- Have a claim? This is usually not a “fun” experience, but we do our best to follow up regularly to make sure your questions and concerns are addressed in a timely fashion. We send an email with your adjuster’s name and contact information so it is available at your fingertips if ever needed. We do our absolute best to keep you happy during what can sometimes be an unnerving experience.
- Need to change a vehicle on your policy? We do our best to get you off the phone quickly to get you right back to your day. Need to pay a bill? We can assist you with that as well in a timely manner. Adding a driver? We let you know what you need to get to us so the process is finished as quickly as possible.
- One-call Insurance Company. Unlike calling a company which can take several minutes out of your day waiting to get a human on the phone, we are a “one-call company.” We are able to assist with auto, home, life and commercial insurance policies all at the same place making it a huge convenience for you.
- One call gets you quotes from 8 great companies! We do the shopping for you! We have several companies available to us which makes finding the best rates easier than it would be for you to check each company individually on your own.
If you have been using the internet to find the best rates for you, I encourage you to give Preferred Insurance Center a shot. Who knows?! We may be able to increase your coverage’s and save you money along the way! Click Here to get a quote!
Andrea AbouJaoude | Service Specialist
You’re on the phone with your new Ohio insurance agent, and hoping that you can save some serious cash, when it happens… they check your credit score! Great. Now your credit score has taken a hit because you were looking to get better coverage and to save some money. Why should you be penalized every time someone takes a look at your credit score?
Well, as awful as that all sounds, having your credit score looked at by an Ohio insurance agency is actually not as bad as you might think, and that’s because the insurance carrier only requires a “soft” inquiry. While a hard inquiry can make a small dent in your credit score, a soft inquiry does absolutely nothing. So if you came here to find out if your credit score is affected by an insurance inquiry, then the answer is no!
If you’d like a more detailed answer to this question, please feel free to check out this great video that we put together!
Get an Ohio Auto Insurance Quote from the people that are making a difference right now!