Motorhome insurance offers protection and peace of mind if your recreational vehicle is damaged during a covered incident or if you cause injuries or damages to other people and/or their property during an accident. When it comes to purchasing motorhome insurance you can select from a number of coverages that depend on how you will use the recreational vehicle – recreationally or as your full-time residence. Motorhome or RV insurance can cover a myriad of vehicles including the following:
- Class A, B, and C motorhomes
- Travel trailers
- Pop-up and truck campers
Specific to Ohio, motorhomes are required to carry liability insurance which protects you from lawsuits if you are deemed at fault in a vehicular accident. You must carry minimum liability insurance meeting the below requirements:
- $25,000 per person injured or killed in an accident
- $50,000 per accident for all injuries or deaths
- $25,000 per accident for property damage
Bear in mind that the aforementioned liability limits are the minimum required and you’ll likely want to purchase additional coverage depending on the cost of the motorhome, if it is your full-time residence, and the cost required to repair a motorhome after an accident.
In addition to liability insurance, most motorhome insurance will carry comprehensive and collision coverage – similar to a personal auto insurance policy. Additional protection can be offered via the following coverages:
- Personal belongings: Protects personal property such as electronics or furniture on the motorhome.
- Towing and roadside: Contributes towards the cost of towing services or roadside assistance.
- Emergency expenses: If your motorhome becomes inhospitable due to a covered incident, this add-on pays for a temporary living space.
Shopping for motorhome insurance does not have to be complicated and at Preferred Insurance Center in Coldwater, OH our dedicated team of insurance professionals is ready and willing to answer any of your questions. Give us a call today or stop by our office to learn more.